WordPress Websites for Small Businesses
One of the most important things that you can do as a small business is to make sure that you have a great website. It may sound simple, but having a useful, visually striking website can make all the difference when trying to reach your customers.
This can seem easier said than done, though. How do you know which platform to use? Where can you find a great local website designer or agency? That’s exactly what we’ll be taking a look at in more depth today. In this post, we’ll be looking at: –
● What WordPress is and why it’s the best choice for website design
● How small businesses can utilise WordPress effectively
● Why you should look into getting your own website using this platform
● How to find a great local website designer
We hope you find this blog post beneficial, whether you’re looking to promote your content, interact with your audience or get more eyes on your products, having a great website to work will make a huge difference.
What exactly is WordPress?
To make sure that we’re all on the same page, let’s take a quick look at what WordPress actually is and what it can do for website designers. After all, there are lots of different website design and creation platforms out there, so it’s worth having a good understanding of what you have at your disposal.
WordPress is an open-source, useful piece of web publishing software. It’s used for website and blog design and is written in the PHP programming language. WordPress is immensely popular with beginners and experts alike, as it has an intuitive platform and plenty of room for creative expansion, meaning that as your business grows, so can your website.
How are small businesses using WordPress?
All around the world, people are using WordPress to support and uplift a multitude of businesses. Small businesses in particular have developed a reputation for working with WordPress, as it’s very affordable and offers room to experiment when looking to scale your business. It’s great for engaging with customers, promoting products and sharing content (the latter of which helps with your SEO).
It’s not just small businesses that are using WordPress- plenty of independent artists and creators work through this platform, too. The sheer variety of intricate themes and handy plugins make this platform a dream for creative minds as ideas are shared and developed globally in WordPress forums.
That being said, plenty of big businesses and corporations use WordPress, too. While WordPress is often associated with modern, up-and-coming small businesses, it’s worth pointing out that this platform is used by businesses of all shapes and sizes to work with.
Generally speaking, however, small businesses is where this platform is truly making a difference. It’s versatile and easy to get to grips with and comes in at a fantastic price point.
Why should you get a WordPress website for your business?
Now that we’ve covered how small businesses utilise the WordPress platform, let’s take a look at the most important reasons why you should look into finding a great, local WordPress designer today. Our top reasons for this include:-
● Ease of use – To start with, one of the most important things to consider when looking for a new website is how easy it is to use, both from a customer perspective and also from an admin side. Focus on UX (user experience) and your website will flourish.
● Affordability – Value for money – you get a plethora of features as standard. It offers everything from email marketing integrations right through to linking up with third-party CMS systems such as Hubspot for example.
● High-quality visuals – Some seriously talented designers create WordPress designs and it’s worth taking a look at the platform for these alone. Whether you want something simple and classy, or bold and modern, you’re sure to find a great design on this platform.
● Flexibility and adaptability – Moreover, it’s worth noting that WordPress is incredibly easy to change and adapt it to what you need. The plugins and themes are not set in stone, and the platform itself will adapt to what you need it to achieve, both in the short- term and the long-term.
● Effective CMS tools – There are many fantastic CMS tools built into WordPress, which can help to save you time and money in the long run. Other website platforms might treat content as an afterthought, but WordPress is very content-centric.
● Mobile-friendliness – As standard this platform deliverers mobile-friendly designs, meaning users can enjoy a great browsing experience on whatever device they are using.
Of course, this list is not exhaustive- there will be many more specific benefits and advantages that you can obtain, depending on the specific agency or designer that you choose to work with.
Where can you find a great local website designer?
There are a number of agencies and designers out there, so it’s important to spend some time doing your research to make sure that you end up with the best one. Do make sure to read reviews and testimonials wherever possible when you’re looking to find a great website designer. Take a look at Google reviews, LinkedIn reviews and if possible, speak to previous clients of the agency.
Do you want to find out more about the best practices for website design and digital marketing? We have a wide range of different articles and resources here on our website dedicated to online marketing. These resources are all free and can be accessed 24 hours a day 7 days a week.