Social Media Management (SMM)…
• Stand Out from the Crowd – Our team of experts specialises in creating unique and engaging content that sets your brand apart from the competition and grabs the attention of potential customers.
• Save Time and Resources – Let us handle your social media management so you can focus on other aspects of your business, saving time and resources while still seeing significant growth in your online presence.
Digital Marketing Services at Herd Marketing
Here at Herd Marketing, we offer three core digital marketing services. This includes PPC Management for Google Ads and Bing Ads, Social Social Media Management (SMM) for Meta Ads and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Our basic pricing structure for each of these services is outlined below. For more detailed projects or facilitation of multiple services, please contact us for a bespoke quote.
Read Our Latest Digital Marketing Resources
Stay informed and up-to-date with all things related to digital marketing by visiting our resource center. Our collection of informative articles is constantly being updated, so be sure to read, engage, and share them with your colleagues, friends, and peers.
Digital Marketing – Frequently Asked Questions
Digital marketing refers to the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. It involves the use of methods and channels to analyse marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn't, typically in real-time. Digital marketing can be done both online and offline and includes all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. It involves utilising a diverse range of tools across various platforms, such as social media marketing, search engine optimisation, and paid search for example.
Shown below are a few examples of the different types of digital marketing. It is a constantly evolving, dynamic space with new types being introduced as technology develops. The types shown below are some of main ones.
1. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): This involves optimising your website to rank higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic that your website receives.
2. Content Marketing: This focuses on creating and promoting content assets to generate brand awareness, increase traffic, generate leads and retain customers.
3. Social Media Marketing: This involves promoting your content and interacting with your target consumers on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram and x for example.
4. Pay-Per-Click (PPC): This is a method of driving traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. Google Ads is an example of PPC.
5. Affiliate Marketing: This is a type of performance-based marketing where you receive a commission for promoting someone else’s products or services on your website.
6. Email Marketing: Companies use email marketing as a way of communicating with their audiences to promote content, discounts, events and to direct people towards the business's website.
7. Mobile Marketing: Mobile marketing is a multi-channel, digital marketing strategy aimed at reaching a target audience on their smartphones, tablets, and/or other mobile devices, via websites, email, SMS and MMS, social media, and apps.
8. Influencer Marketing: This type of marketing involves endorsements and product placements from influencers, people and organisations who possess an expert level of knowledge and social influence in their respective fields.
9. Video Marketing: Video marketing is a new type of internet marketing and advertising in which businesses create 2-5 minute short videos about specific topics using content from articles and other text sources.
10. Automation Marketing: Marketing automation is all about using software to automate marketing activities. Many marketing departments automate repetitive tasks such as email marketing, social media posting, and even ad campaigns -- not just for the sake of efficiency, but so they can provide a more personalised experience for their customers.
11. Display Advertising: It refers to the process of advertising a product or service through visuals like images and videos on networks of publisher websites such as the Google Display Network and Facebook etc.
Many of the points, types and examples listed here overlap and work together within digital marketing.
1. Wider Reach: Digital marketing allows businesses to reach out to customers around the world, far beyond the physical location of the business.
2. Cost-Effective: Compared to traditional marketing, digital marketing is often less expensive, allowing businesses to reach more people while spending less money.
3. Easy to Measure: It provides real-time results and can be easily tracked. You can immediately see the number of visitors, their location, the time they spend on your site, and much more.
4. Target Audience: Digital marketing lets businesses target specific demographics. For example, an advertisement on social media can target people in a specific age range who are interested in a specific niche.
5. Building Brand Reputation: With the ability to maintain a constant online presence, businesses can build and manage their brand reputation more effectively. They can also engage with their customers in real time, responding to comments or queries.
6. Flexibility: Digital marketing strategies are easy to adjust based on the performance of a campaign. This is much harder in traditional forms of marketing.
7. High Conversion Rate: Through online shopping, businesses can increase their conversion rate as digital marketing makes it easier for the customers to take immediate action.
8. Improve Customer Service: It can provide customer service online through various digital platforms. It is easy, quick and helps to improve customer relationships.
9. SEO and local SEO can help your business to stand out against competitors and be more visible to potential clients.
10. Through Email marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing and other strategies, businesses can directly reach potential customers and remind them of their services.
Overall, the main benefit of digital marketing is that it enables a direct, interactive communication path between businesses and their customers, making it a vital tool for brand-building.
Content plays a crucial role in digital marketing. Here's why:
1. Educates Audience: Good content helps to educate potential customers about your product or service. It can give them an in-depth understanding of what they stand to gain and can help to eliminate any doubts they may have.
2. Increases visibility: Consistently posting fresh and relevant content can improve your SEO, which can result in increased visibility on search engine results. This can attract more traffic to your site.
3. Establishes Authority: By providing insightful and knowledgeable content, you establish yourself as an authority in your industry. This can make customers more likely to trust you with their business.
4. Engages and Retains Audience: Engaging content keeps your audience coming back for more, which increases the likelihood of conversions.
5. Builds Relationships: Providing valuable content helps to build a relationship with your audience. This can result in increased customer loyalty and repeated sales.
6. Drives Conversions: Strong content that effectively communicates the benefits of your product or service can help to drive conversions.
7. Provides Value: High-quality content that is valuable to your audience can set you apart from your competitors.
8. Fuels other digital marketing channels: Your content can be repurposed for social media posts, email newsletters, and more.
Keywords are extremely important in digital marketing. They play a vital role in the success of search engine optimisation (SEO) strategies, search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, and social media marketing.
1. Improved Search Ranking: When you optimise your content with relevant keywords, search engines understand your content better and improve your rankings in the search engine results pages (SERPs). This improves visibility and drives organic traffic to your website.
2. Targeting the Right Audience: By using keywords that your target audience is searching for, you increase the chances of your content being discovered by the right people.
3. Boosting Website Traffic: Effective use of keywords can attract more visitors to your website and increase the likelihood of converting them into customers.
4. Content Development: Keywords can guide you in creating valuable and relevant content for your audience. They can help you understand what topics and themes your audience is interested in.
5. Paid Advertising: Keywords are crucial in pay-per-click (PPC) and other forms of online advertising. They ensure that your ads appear in front of the right audience and increase the effectiveness of your campaigns.
6. Measure Effectiveness: You can track which keywords are driving the most traffic and conversions, and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Therefore, keywords are foundational to digital marketing and help businesses reach their target audience and achieve their marketing goals.
Each of the below strategy serves a slightly different purpose and using a combination of these methods, gives businesses the best chance of reaching and engaging their target audience online.
1. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): This strategy helps businesses rank higher in the organic search engine results which in turn increases online visibility.
2. Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC): With this strategy, marketers pay each time a user clicks on their online ads. The most common platform for PPC advertising is Google Ads.
3. Content Marketing: This strategy involves the creation and sharing of online content like blogs, videos, and social media posts to stimulate interest in a brand or its products.
4. Social Media Marketing: Businesses use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest to promote their brand, products, or services.
5. Email Marketing: Businesses send promotional emails to a group of people who have expressed interest in their brand or products.
6. Affiliate Marketing: In this strategy, an affiliate earns a commission for marketing another person's or company's products.
7. Video Marketing: This involves creating and sharing videos to promote a company’s products or services.
8. Influencer Marketing: Brands partner with influencers to reach their followers on social media platforms and enhance brand awareness.
9. Mobile Marketing: Businesses target customers on their smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices, via websites, email, SMS, social media, and apps.
10. Webinars: This strategy involves online seminars, live or recorded, to engage an audience and promote products or services.
11. Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO): It involves optimising the website or landing page experience based on user behavior to help improve the percentage of visitors that convert into customers.
12. Retargeting/Remarketing: These strategies involve showing ads to individuals who have visited your website in an attempt to get them to return.
Please fill in the form below and one of our marketing professionals will reply shortly. We aim to respond to you within 24 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays.
Alternatively, please call us on 0151 453 6580 Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00.